We take personal data seriously and take every step to protect it.
This Privacy Notice explains in detail the types of personal data we may collect about you when you interact with us. It also explains how we’ll store and handle that data and keep it safe.
We hope the following sections will answer any questions you have but, if not please do get in touch with us.
It’s likely that we’ll need to update this Privacy Notice from time to time. We will notify you of any significant changes.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation and this notice, we are the ‘data controller’. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal data about you. We are required under the Data Protection Legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
▪ sets out the types of personal data that we collect about you
▪ explains how and why we collect and use your personal data
▪ explains how long we keep your personal data for
▪ explains why and with who we will share your personal data
▪ sets out the legal basis we have for using your personal data
▪ explains the different rights and choices you have when it comes to your personal data; and
▪ explains how we may contact you and how you can contact us
PERSONAL DATA THAT WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
In order to provide employment opportunities to you we need to process certain information. We only ask for details that help us help you, such as your contact details, employment history, educational background, immigration status, financial information (if you are a temporary staff with us) and of course you may choose to share other relevant information with us.
We may need to collect sensitive personal data about you, in the form of bank or passport details. We only collect sensitive personal data from you for legitimate business interests and in some cases for our legal obligations. We will also ensure you have given your consent for this to be used by us.
WHERE WE OBTAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA
There are two main ways in which we collect personal data, either directly from you or via third parties such as job boards and social media. This is information you provide using various forms depending on whether its regarding an individual or a business. We may also obtain additional information directly from you via Email or messaging.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may process your personal data for purposes necessary for the performance of our contract with you or your employer & to comply with our legal obligations.
We may process your personal data for the purposes necessary for the performance of our contract with our clients. This may include processing your personal data where you are an employee, subcontractor, supplier or customer of our client.
We may process your personal data for the purposes of our own legitimate interests provided that those interests do not override any of your own interests, rights and freedoms which require the protection of personal data.
Please note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful basis depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your data.
Situations in which we will use your personal data
We may use your personal data in order to:
▪ carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you or your employer and us (which will most usually be for the provision of our services).
▪ carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between our clients and us (which will most usually be for the provision of our services) where you may be a subcontractor, supplier or customer of our client.
If you refuse to provide us with certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you. Alternatively, we may be unable to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations.
We may also process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in accordance with this notice, where we are legally required or permitted to do so.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We know how much data security matters to all our candidates and clients. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it. We secure access to all transactional areas and encrypt your data using the latest techniques.
Access to your personal data is password-protected and sensitive data is secured by SSL encryption. We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we carry out penetration testing to identify ways to further strengthen security.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH
Our main function is providing work-finding services for you whilst looking for a new opportunity during which process we will need to share your data – to promote you to our client base. Also, where appropriate, e.g. if you are a temporary staff for us, we will also share your personal data with Banks and other service providers and any other organisation required by our legal obligations.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is collected.
When assessing what retention period is appropriate for your personal data we take into consideration:
▪ the requirements of our business and the services provided
▪ any statutory or legal obligations
▪ the purposes for which we originally collected the personal data
▪ the lawful grounds on which we based our processing
▪ the types of personal data we have collected
▪ the amount and categories of your personal data; and
▪ whether the purpose of the processing could reasonably be fulfilled by other means
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
Where we need to use your personal data for another reason, other than for the purpose for which we collected it, we will only use your personal data where that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your data is stored securely at our offices in Chennai. Any transfer of your personal data will follow applicable laws and we will treat the information under the guiding principles of this Privacy Notice.
WHAT ARE MY RIGHTS
You have the right to request:
▪ Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
▪ The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete
▪ That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you
withdraw that consent
▪ Review of any decision made based solely on automatic processing of your
data (i.e. where no human has yet reviewed the outcome and criteria for the decision)
▪ That we delete your personal data once it is no longer required to provide services to you, subject to our statutory retention obligations
You can contact us to exercise these rights at any time by contacting our HR Manager, on 044-2433 6070.
Please also be advised of the following:
-You have the right to withdraw consent even where an engagement letter does not exist
-Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data. You have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent unless you are bound by the terms of a contract
Please note that we usually act on requests and provide information free of charge but may charge a reasonable fee to cover our administrative costs of providing the information for baseless or excessive/repeated requests, or further copies of the same information.
Please consider your request responsibly before submitting it. We will respond as soon as we can. Generally, this will be within one month from when we receive your request but, if the request is going to take longer to deal with we will come back to you and let you know.
CHECKING YOUR IDENTITY
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice.
If you have authorized a third party to submit a request on your behalf we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.