The field of recruitment is extremely competitive and fast-paced. The pressures on HR recruiters are increasing by the day due to a decline in candidate availability and the uncertainty caused by unpredictable job markets. In such circumstances, HR recruiters are an asset to any recruitment business because of the invaluable support they provide. Their job is to identify, attract, and shortlist candidates for the recruitment process in accordance with the requirements of the client briefs.
As the trends in recruitment shift from traditional practices of posting adverts on job boards towards establishing a robust social media presence and personal networking, the role of an HR recruiter has become more important than ever.
A common question often asked is; what does an HR recruiter do? In a nutshell, they seek out talent across a variety of online platforms, such as LinkedIn (a professional networking platform), by communicating with a broad pool of potential candidates. They also play a key role in identifying new business opportunities and acting as the eyes and ears of the business.
DUTIES OF A HR RECRUITER
- Searching for and identifying job leads and strive to identify a new candidate and client opportunities.
- Source new candidates from job boards, social media, and other platforms. Contacting the candidates and conducting an initial screening to find out what roles they are interested in, their salary expectations, notice period, the reason for leaving the current role, and so on.
- When working on specific roles, coordinating with relevant consultants to learn the job details, specific qualifications required, and the experience needed (if any) and use this information to source candidates who meet the criteria.
- Plan the candidate search – if sourcing a new candidate, searching through all available sources. If not, searching for a new candidate and scanning the agency’s own database to find suitable candidates who already have a working relationship with the consultants.
- Conducting the initial screening when dealing with new candidates, followed by registering the candidate to match the roles they are looking for. Another important function is to understand and manage candidates’ aspirations to ensure they find the right role. They would also bring up any serious issues to the consultant. They also provide support in carrying out pre-employment and compliance checks in line with company policy and relevant legislation.
- Providing general administrative support to the recruitment function, such as answering queries, supporting the sales process, and making sure that the candidates and clients always receive a professional and comprehensive recruitment service.
IMPACT A HR RECRUITER HAS THE FOLLOWING BENEFITS
- It allows time to focus on other things such as business development and client meetings.
- Makes the recruitment process smoother for consultants by contacting new and old candidates and preparing a suitable pool of candidates for the relevant role.
- Brings in more business by identifying and progressing new client and candidate leads.
- Ensures the smooth running of operations by maintaining dialogue throughout the candidate experience, scheduling screenings and co-ordination of interviews, and providing constructive feedback.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A HR RECRUITER AND A RECRUITMENT CONSULTANT
- The role of a recruiter is mainly candidate focused and involves working alongside a consultant within a specific discipline helping them source candidates for roles they are working on – especially roles that are difficult to fill. In contrast, a consultant’s role is more focused on client relationship building and business development.
- As a consultant, the role is much faster-paced.
Anyone looking to pursue a career in recruitment, starting as HR Recruiter is an excellent stepping stone; especially if they come from a sales or a customer-focused background.
As an HR recruiter, you get to work with the consultants across different disciplines such as HR, business support, financial services, and accountancy and finance.
If you are looking for HR Solutions, please do get in touch with us or call us at 044-2433 6070.